[pianotech] Hearing Test

Jason Kanter jkanter at rollingball.com
Tue Mar 15 12:21:08 MDT 2011

Quite interesting to let Tunelab listen to this. To my ear, I was certain I
was hearing some strong, distinct partials. Tunelab shows the one large
spike slowly increasing, accompanied by at least nine visible partials. At
the lower end, the partials are certainly more distinctly heard than the
fundamental, despite their volume being so much lower. The partials are
mathematically placed but are not based on multiples of 2, 3, 4, etc as we
are accustomed to with musical tones.

See attached screenshot, taken when the tone is at 60hz.

Jason

--
jason's cell 425 830 1561