[pianotech] New Format Management

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 08:43:58 MDT 2011

Jon:

I haven't figured out how to start a new group yet although there is a "user
help group" to which I have posted this reply copying you.   I see that John
Formsma has responded saying that he has started a new Group called New
Format Management but I think this is redundant and is the kind of thing I
worried about with the ease with which people can create new groups (though
I haven't seen it appear yet in the list of discussion groups on the
website).  A new subject line called New Format Management under the
existing User Help Group would have made more sense.  Now we have two groups
that are essentially the same idea just named differently.

Jon:  You can post directly to the new list from your computer to any group
by following the address protocol as follows:

Pianotech: ptg_pianotechne at egroups.ptg.org (there's an underscore between
ptg and pianotechne--my program automatically produces an underline of the
entire line.

Caut: ptg_pianaotechne at egroups.ptg.org

If there's more than one word in the group name like "User Help Group" then
eliminate the spaces, for example: ptg_userhelpgroup at egroups.ptg.org.

First set up your profile and login (be sure to have your computer "remember
me", selected your notification settings to be text and PDA (or possibly
text and real time) which you do from the Home Page on the left column
(which I gather you've done).  Then selected the discussions that you want
to subscribe to from the Discussions tab drop down menu "My Subscriptions"
(be sure to hit save when you have selected).  Then you are good to go and
will get posts to your regular inbox on your email.  At that point the only
reason you really need to check into the website is to see if perhaps a new
group has formed that you wish to subscribe to.  You can reply by just
hitting the reply on your computer as you usually do with your normal email
activity.

I've cc'd this to the old Pianotech (Pianotech at ptg.org) , the Pianotech new
list (ptg_pianotechne at egroups.ptg.org, the userhelpgroup
ptg_userhelpgroupne at egroups.ptg.org, and to your own personal email.  FWIW