[pianotech] What is bloom,

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 09:05:59 MDT 2011

David
  Good descriptive of Bloom.
  And no matter it can't be quantified, we all pluck strings and listen to this phenomena. IMO it is the bloom that  gives a piano its distinctive voice.  I looked a t 6 ft Sojin yesterday 15 years. Fantastic singing voice with excellent bloom. I've heard few any better.
 The weak spot in these pianos is always the hammers and bass strigns. Had a nice tight grain Sitka board. Heavy sand cast plate. No compression ridges.  I don't know how they make there boards but ...its working. Great impedance balance! Who woulda thought?

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration
Ronsen Piano hammers