[pianotech] SWELL was What is bloom

kam544 at allegiance.tv kam544 at allegiance.tv
Thu Mar 17 13:27:18 MDT 2011

Ron, John, other,

I have a 1912 Knabe Mignon that seems to do what you all are discussing.

I play a chord, engage the sustain pedal, and the sound changes into something seemingly greater in expression.
That's my perception anyway.

My simplistic way of analyzation would be this. All that happens is that the other strings are excited somewhat by the played chord after engaging the sustain pedal. That's what you all have been probably saying anyways.

Keith McGavern