[pianotech] SWELL was What is bloom

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Mar 21 11:29:07 MDT 2011

One thing that's easy to measure with an ETD is how the amplitude of different partials changes over time.

For example, with TuneLab, hit "Zoom wide", and play a tenor or bass note. Usually the amplitude of the higher partials goes up within a second or two, before dying down.

We've been drawing volume graphs with just axes: volume and time. Maybe we need a 3D graph: volume X time X frequency?

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM

www.shusterpiano.com