[pianotech] Riding the rails

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 21:51:33 MDT 2011

David asks:

>>BTW are you sure you can’t salvage them with some wood rot doctor type stuff.

The brass is split all to hell.  I have had John Dewey do some before, as well as Chris Robinson. However, at over $600 for installing two rails that cost about $70 each, plus the delay in shipping and waiting, I gotta find a better way.  I can handle most of the foreseeable problems, but have never soldered anything that  heavy.  A local tech, Dale Whitehead, had installed these before,so my inclination is to have it done locally.
thanks,
Ed