[pianotech] melody pro

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 06:43:24 MDT 2011

Hi Jack Tom and Tom,
Thanks you for your help and information.  I tuned it yesterday, the molody pro. It was the only day these guys had available, plus the only day my wife had available to take me down there due to her work schedule.  Itdidn't feel comfortable taking my tools on the subway in some bad areas of Philly.

The piano was a little more than a half tone flat, and with two tunings and a partial tuning in the treble and bass, it stayed at pitch.  Someone glued leather to the hammers which was coming unglued, and one hammer felt was hanging off. I suggested they replace the hammers if they were going to put money into it.  They were college students at T emple, and didn't feel the need to put money into it.  After easing a key adjusting the sustain which was way out of adjustment and tuning it up, it came out pretty well, but the hammrs really bothered me.

As for that duoart, I may just hire itout.  Any suggestions on what you guys do when you hire out work, how you charge get paid above what the person you hired gets paid?  Or do you guys just refer it out?  thanks
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com