[pianotech] Rubber watchamacalits

Arlie Rauch adarpub at midrivers.com
Tue Mar 29 17:31:21 MDT 2011

I tuned a Baldwin SF grand today that I haven't seen for a while.  The sustain pedal squeaked, and as far as I could tell the offender was the hard, dried out, rubber cup, bushing, collar (I don't know what to call it) that sits in the end of the pedal and receives the pedal rod.  Does anyone know where to get these?  They are not the same from piano to piano.  I have some for other brands, and they did not work here.  The whole set needs to be replaced.  I can't find them in Schaff's catalog (doesn't mean they aren't there).

Arlie Rauch
Glendive, MT