[pianotech] Rubber watchamacalits

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 17:13:45 MDT 2011

The factory rubber bushing for the pedal rods need to have the leather inserts, if they are to last. I don't know why.  I have also had good luck with taking a square of leather, about 1", and cutting a small (1/4") square out of each corner, effectively making a "cross". put this in the cup, insert rod,and the four flaps fold up and wrap around the pedal rod.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.htmll