[pianotech] MARC

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Tue May 3 18:34:40 MDT 2011

It was a really excellent event, in my opinion. I know you would have
enjoyed it John, and of course it would have been great to meet you. I'd
like to get to Kansas, but can't make it as it clashes with something
else for me.

Quite apart from the great classes, I so agree with you about the
displays! It's so good to be able to see different tools.  I must say I
thought the Raeburn imoact levers were beautiful. In particular I was
struck by the wonderful "butterfly" grand lever, which Nate let me try
on a piece of pinblock with pins that they had on the stand.  I always
wondered what an impact lever would feel like, and now I havwe a sense
of it, and I like it.  Not cheap though!

I bought a chopstick voicing tool, and Charles Falk's excellent string
leveling gizmo.  The climate of opinion currently is favouring the use
of the single needle shallow depth chopstick tool, used right on the
striking point if necessary, I noted.

Anyway, a great event, and hearty thanks to all those involved in
staging it.

Best regards,

David Boyce.