[pianotech] piano mystry

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Fri May 13 08:14:03 MDT 2011

Marshall,

You should go back and put it back in.  If it wasn't causing a problem, it
was working as it was supposed to, and someone will wonder what happened to
it at some point in the future.

I can't remember Sojin's arrangement, but there should be a snap mechanism
that holds it up, and the rail is pushed down manually in the mute position.

I like these hand operated mufflers better than the pedal, because then
people don't crank the rail up and down during the music like a super una
corda.  They're not intended to be used that way.

Don Mannino