[pianotech] Ballistol Lube

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:12:03 MST 2011

I would like to take exception to the statement that Ballistol is like
WD-40. WD-40 is more volitile and evaporates in 6 months. It is not
nearly as slippery as Ballistol. WD-40 displaces water. Ballistol is
missible with water. it is different. I will be vigilant and watch for
any adverse effects in the coming years. I have used it for 5 years
now and am not concerned that it will cause any adverse effects any
time soon. I will be curious to hear what the German techs have to say
about it.

The only way to know the value of a suggestion is to try it yourself.
Those old timers who have tried it have raved about it.

Douglas Gregg
Classic Piano Doc
Southold, NY