[pianotech] Replacement screw, was nasty screw....

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 00:25:57 MDT 2011

Wim said: "Joe, if you're listening, you promised to send me a replacement.
The screw is oval head, 2 1/2" long,with a 1/4 shank at the throat and a
7/`16" head. I'll be more than happy to reimburse you for "shipping and
handling""

Wim,
Only IF, you drag out the Screw Gauge you got in Vegas and really MEASURE
the screw! If I sent you a 2 1/2" Screw w/a 1/4" shank, that would probably
be a #15 Screw. A bit large for a pressure bar situation, imo.<G> Also,
would you like a Flat Head Screw or an Oval Head Screw? Also, would you
like plain steel or Nickel Plated?<G> I think you get the
idea....more/accurate information is needed.<G> As for the "shipping &
Handling", .....Nah, It'll be for ol' times sake.<G>
Best,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police