[pianotech] Replacement screw, was nasty screw....

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 02:00:57 MDT 2011

Joe

I don't have a screw Gauge, but #15 sounds about right. But if you measure a #15, and the shank isn't 1/4" and the head is't 7/16" across, can you find one that does measure that?
I already said oval, but it doesn't make much difference whether its steel or nickel. The pressure bars and screws are rusty and corroded, and because the rust and corrosion was caused by salt air, they can't be cleaned. So other than cleaning off the dust, the originals are going back on. A nice clean nickel plated screw would out of place. Have you got an old, nasty looking one?

Thanks for taking care of the shipping. I owe you a beer in Seattle, (Actually Bellingham).

Wim