[pianotech] Water damaged piano

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 07:52:46 MDT 2011

Good posts from a number of folks, but I don't see why the piano owner
should be subject to months of waiting before they can be assured they have
a functioning musical instrument without a cloud hanging over it. I think
encouraging the insurance company to replace the instrument (or at least the
pre-claim value) is the most straightforward way to proceed. If the
technician sees potential value in the now problematic instrument, he could
suggest a "salvage value", and make an offer. If he's "lucky" he might come
out ahead (or a higher bidder might get "stuck" if he is overly optimistic
and things turn bad).
Patrick Draine