[pianotech] Determining Bore Angles

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:43:23 MDT 2011

Hello,
I have begun to do my own hammer work.  I am challenged at this point by determining bore angles from the original hammers.
I am boring for a Yamaha C-7 and have found the bass angle to be 9 degrees.
Does this seem correct?
Also, if anyone has the angles for this piano I would appreciate it so I can practice reading my angle guide knowing what I should be expecting.
I am sure that these are the original hammers.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steven HoppMidland, TX