[pianotech] Damper wire bushing lubrication?

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sat Sep 3 09:26:47 MDT 2011

Hi Paul,

I have one that I use over and over.  I don't know the life span 'cause it
just keeps on tickin'.  Pipe cleaners work too, but the problem I have with
them is that if you "miss" a hole, they bend very easily.  Same as when you
dip it in the container of Teflon - they tend to bow increasingly and I end
up having to straighten them out too much for my liking (I'm lazy).  The
brush has none of those fallibilities, and it's just the right size to dip
once, lube once, dip once, lube once, etc.  It's just easy for me to really
get into a rhythm.

William R. Monroe