[pianotech] Upright action bracket height puzzler

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Sep 5 23:06:10 MDT 2011

Right you are! Both the left and right vertical side panels were loose from the strung back from the top, down about a foot or so, but were firmly attached from there on down. I could pull them to the side at the top, maybe 1/4", but they firmly sprang back to vertical. Sighting across the top of the piano, everything was straight.

I forgot another symptom. When I replaced the lower front vertical panel (below the keybed, above the pedals), it bound against the cabinet at top left and bottom right, but still snapped into position. This would imply a blow to the upper bass side, moving the keybed to the right relative to the pedals and bottom board.

On my next visit, I'm bringing a big level and a try square.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM

www.shusterpiano.com