[pianotech] pinblock protection

Noah Frere noahfrere at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:38:56 MDT 2011

Ya'll paint something on the pinblock to protect it? I've only repinned one
so far and i didn't refinish that one. But the upright i'm about to repin I
sanded down to a nice look, and I'm thinking it might be best to
polyurethane it. if I let some poly drip into the holes, it might effect pin
torque, but then again it might not. i could poly it after I repin it as
well. I really don't know the standard procedure (obviously.)