[pianotech] Pulley Keys - was balance hole break-loose noise

johnparham at piano88.com johnparham at piano88.com
Tue Sep 6 11:17:13 MDT 2011

Joe,

"insert gummed travel paper into the hole and
> force the pin down on it, to hold it in place, until the glue, (it's
> actually hide or fish glue, depending on the type of gummed paper you
> have.<G>), until the glue has sets."

I like this idea, but I have a few questions about your methodology:

Specifically, how do you insert the gummed paper into the balance rail
hole.
-ball it up and stuff it in?
-roll it up and carefully insert into the hole?
-put glue in paper first or after it's in the hole?
-size the hole with a spare balance rail pin or by putting key back on
the keyframe?

Thanks,
John Parham