[pianotech] Abrasions in polyester finish

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 7 13:08:45 MDT 2011

Hi, Paul:
    Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Co. has a lot of plastic polishes, in various grades, you can usually find in auto part stores, boating stores etc.   Anything that is good for plastic is good on a polyester finish.  If the polish won't take it off, you might have to sand it with fine sandpaper with water and then polish it.  You'll need some 1500 or more grit paper to get it ready for the polish.  Cory's will fill in some of the superfine scratches, but it won't hide but the rest.
    Good luck.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego