[pianotech] Baldwin grand repetition spings

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:14:41 MDT 2011

Good point Laura about old repetition springs. In this case though,
the wippens were new and the springs and grooves were clean. I am
quite sure that the hammers must be a little too heavy and that would
also put a strain of the repetition spring as well, as noted in
another post.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the repetition spring issue.
Heavy hammers would account for all the issues. If it were my piano, I
would change them out for some lighter
Ronson hammers and it would sound better too. These are fairly hard
but did voice down reasonably well. There was no name on the hammers.

Doug Gregg
Classic Piano Doc