[pianotech] yamaha C6

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 8 16:34:47 MDT 2011

I've been tuning a C6 for 7 years or more, and it has every time been h***
to tune, and a 3-hour job. Nothing will stay stable. I've been doing it
every two months now for awhile and today was the second time I didn't have
to go through each string on second pass.  Is it possible that the agraffes
have been ground so sharply that one can't get a stable termination point?
I'm a decent tuner and have done some mean pianos, but this one has left me
befuddled.  Any sage advice??????  I think it will be replaced by the first
of the year, but I'll still be dealing with it for some time.

Thanks

Les bartlett