[pianotech] yamaha C6

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 8 22:51:21 MDT 2011

Les said: "I've been tuning a C6 for 7 years or more, and it has every time
been h***
to tune, and a 3-hour job. Nothing will stay stable. I've been doing it
every two months now for awhile and today was the second time I didn't have
to go through each string on second pass. Is it possible that the agraffes
have been ground so sharply that one can't get a stable termination point?
I'm a decent tuner and have done some mean pianos, but this one has left me
befuddled. Any sage advice?????? I think it will be replaced by the first
of the year, but I'll still be dealing with it for some time."

Thanks

Les,
Can you say "Select Hardwood" and Squirrely all in the same sentence?<G>
Does the piano have a Damp-Chaser installed? How often does it get tuned?
Have you left a data recording Temperature/Humidity gauge in the piano for
a period of time? The questions are endless, but the answers are elusive
w/o the answers to the all of the other questions.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police