[pianotech] Baldwin grand repetition spings

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Thu Sep 8 23:27:21 MDT 2011

Barbara wrote;

>Taking felt off of bulbous hammers at the staple and below can make
>a big difference.  Actually, it seems like felt removal makes more
>of a difference than I ever think it should.

Indeed, with a nominal hammer/key ratio of 5:1, removing just 0.6
grams at the hammer head will lighten the DW by 3 grams. This is also
why I believe it is important, for performance pianos, to ensure that
the hammer weights conform to a curve. Any variations in hammer
weight from the curve will result in a five fold deviation at the key
front.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers

Web http://overspianos.com.au
mailto:ron at overspianos.com.au

A web page with images of recent work and almost-audio-CD quality mp3
sound files of the Overs piano can be found at;
http://overspianos.com.au/more_info.htm

So put on your headphones, plug them into your freshly restarted
computer and sit back to over 20 minutes of pure piano.