[pianotech] The poignancy of travel paper - pulley key shredder thing

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Fri Sep 9 09:28:08 MDT 2011

First, I'm itching to get my hands on one of them pulley key shredders.
Next, I'd love one of Alex's or Joe's or Ron's toys too.  One each,
perhaps. The irony however is that, as elegant and efficient as they
are, the entire tech community needs only a couple, total.  The
brotherhood of the traveling pasta-maker, shredder. The irony is that
their very elegance and efficiency obviates the satisfaction derived
from using the tool.  In just two minutes, I made up around 24 strips
using a rotary cutter and mat, and a straight edge, with a minimum of
bleeding or misplaced digits.  Very satisfying.  Using one of those
Tools of Elegance, 2 minutes would have supplied me with enough to go
into business on Ebay.  Of course, since the last time I would have
used it would have been so long ago, it would have taken the better
part of the day just remembering where I stored it.

And yet, the heart wants what it wants.  Remember to wash it (the
shredder, not the heart) before and after using it for linguine.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY