[pianotech] sticking Wrully keys

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Fri Sep 9 18:16:12 MDT 2011

50 year old Wurly spinet, the cheap one without a fall board. Tuned it a couple of weeks ago, adjusted lost motion and plugged in the DC. A couple of days ago the customer complained about keys sticking, especially in the middle. I Inspected the piano this morning, and determined what was causing them to stick were the spoons are hanging up on the damper lever felts.

The question the customer posed, and I want to know, is this. Since the keys were not sticking before I plugged in the DC, is there a correlation with the heat of the DC and the spoons sticking on the damper lever felts?

Wim