[pianotech] Sticky dc button

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Tue Sep 13 16:50:43 MDT 2011

Richard,
Most of the reason for sticky on/off buttons is something is spilled on it.  The cap on the switch should pop off if you can see "daylight" around the button. With the cap off, see if it works smoothly. If it does, the cap may have swelled a little.  Use an "exacto" knife to trim around the edges of the cap and reinstall.

If the actual switch is "sluggish", yes, spray some contact cleaner in around the shaft of the switch.

Ken Gerler