[pianotech] Petrof vertical string breakage.

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 20 05:29:58 MDT 2011

I have been servicing a 2001 Petrof vertical since 2006 with no problems. In Aug 2010 my customer called and thought a string may have broken. It had and I replaced the string (#14 1/2) and tuned the piano. I tuned the piano again in Jan 11 & May 11 everything looked good (by the way, he is the only player and plays only classical music). I just got a call that a string has broken again and he thinks it may be the same one.

This piano has agraffes throughout. Any thoughts or suggestions? And if it is the same string should I go with one size smaller?

Al -
High Point, NC