[pianotech] Petrof vertical string breakage.

Laura Olsen laura-olsen at att.net
Tue Sep 20 06:45:46 MDT 2011

Hi Al,

Chances are extremely good that it's not the same string.  I can't see how one size smaller would help.  A smaller diameter wire under tension designed for a larger diameter  would break sooner, wouldn't it?  Check your hammer shape and don't think that classical music is any less aggressive than any rock or pedal pumping gospel!  You'll need more information to diagnose a problem.

Laura Olsen
Barrington, IL