[pianotech] Geo Brodbent Tuning Pins

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 22:28:50 MDT 2011

The one "Unique" thing, I noticed,
s the really course/deep threads! Wow! that's really a new one on me!

I've seen this kind of pin on one other piano. I believe it was a Broadwood straight strung grand from about 1885. There were several pins that wouldn't hold, so I was going to put in larger pins. But when I took out this "screws" pin, I showed the customer the problem, and told that unless she was willing to spend the money for a new pin block, etc. the piano could not be tuned. That's the last I heard from her, although I later learned she gave it to a friend, who was desperately trying to find someone to fix it. I think it more or less made the rounds in St. Louis.

Wim