[pianotech] Fallen Piano

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Sat Sep 24 11:03:05 MDT 2011

Haven't you ever been told you're not supposed to tilt pianos on their
lyres?

This very nearly happened to me one time. The customer had been complaining
about her piano not being stable following their recent move. When I arrived
to tune it she asked if I would help her husband turn it a bit and when we
did we discovered the two machine screws that should have been holding the
bass leg solid had not been installed. The leg was positioned by two dowels
and that was all that was holding it in place. Apparently the movers were in
a hurry..

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA

Phone  360.515.0119 - Cell  360.388.6525

del at fandrichpiano.com  <mailto:del at fandrichpiano.com> - ddfandrich at gmail.com