[pianotech] theory question

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 27 12:26:23 MDT 2011

Ken said: "I concur with Tom. You count from the bottom up. A "6" is the
interval between the E and the C when in first inversion. In second
inversion, G, C, E, there is a 4th between the G-C and an "6" between the
G-E."

Ken Gerler (I was a theory major in college)

Hmmm? if that were the case, then the later would be a 4/6 rather than a
6/4. Right?<G> Personally, I prefer the Jazz Musicians way of saying
something like "the C chord with a G in the bass.<G>
That's my take on that.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police