[pianotech] thank you manufacturers

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 17:03:41 MDT 2011

The recent thread on YC action models makes me want to send out a big Thank You to some of our manufactureres for making mistakes that has given all of us so much work.

Let's start with the mother of all mistakes, the plastic action parts, with the elbows leading the way, but also the damper leavers and flanges, the hammer flanges, and complete wippens.
Rubber grommets
Growing action brackets
Ascaine (sp?) hammer butt catchers.
Hammer flanges with silk chords.
Baldwin Hammers without staples.

Anyone else have some favorite repairs thanks to manufacturer errors?

Wim