[pianotech] Fwd:

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 19:25:58 MDT 2011

I'm taking the strings off a Steinway upright. One of the screws on the pressure bar is frozen. Before I realized this, I used a smaller screw driver, and because the screw is made of a soft metal, the edges ripped off. I now have a larger screwdriver tip that fits the slot, but because the slot of the screw is worn off, (see picture),  the blade keeps slipping of the edge.

What do I do, short of drilling out the screw, which would mean buying a new one?

Wim