[pianotech] Ballistol as a rust inhibitor was blackening rusty tuning pins

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:08:43 MST 2012

For those interested, see the information on the  web site listed
below. Most notably is the story of an independent Ballistol test in
which a firearms company stored Ballistol treated firearms in a trunk
for 25 years and found no trace of rust when they were taken out. That
is a long time. I spray my blued tuning pins in their box in the shop
as well as some coils of piano strings that are there for a long time.
Check out the site. It is in pdf format or I would have pasted some of
it in here.

http://www.ballistol.com/1_Ballistol%202010%20Amazing%20Story%20Flyer%20PROOF3.pdf

Doug Gregg
Classic Piano Doc