[pianotech] PianoDisc Cds and sustain function

lim hock seng limhseng at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 00:38:12 MST 2012

Thanks Larry. Have a good weekend!
Lim

On 03-Feb-2012 9:44 AM, "Larry Fisher RPT" <larryf at pacifier.com> wrote:

  Hi List,
1. Is it true the opus 7 system(comes with an ipad) doesn't recognise old
system CDs (symphony pro etc)?

The CD’s need to be run through iTunes and then loaded into the iPad.  They
should work fine.  If you input the CD data into the proper spot on the
player, they should play fine.  I’ve only worked on one Opus and that was a
long time ago and so I can’t help you on this.

2. How do I know whether the pianodisc sustain pedal motor relay is
adjusted correctly?

It’s called a pedal solenoid.  It doesn’t have any relays or motors.  As
for your question, see reply to number three

3. I played some CDs on the opus 7 system-the sustain pedal function is not
pushing down much and certain notes were not hitting the strings when it is
playing soft. But when I play music from the stored MX in the ipad, the
sustain works fine.

If the sustain pedal works fine with the MX then the pedal is fine.  Its
sounds to me like you have a software issue.  Call the factory and get
things ironed out.

Good luck.

Lar