[pianotech] Knuckles

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 16:50:18 MST 2012

Hey Rick
  I do this frequently & it takes a about 20 minutes to set up the plexiglass target I use to mark the center line of the unison. I use this to align hammers to strings later. 20 minutes to get the screws out of the flanges and into the screw rack. 20 minutes to cut off the old one. About 30 minutes to cut a new slot on all 88 with the slotting jig on the table saw. About 1 to 1 1/2  hrs to install knuckles. 30 minutes to screw flanges/shanks back on to rails and 20 minutes to align hammers to the string marks on the jig.
 How much time is that. I'm slow but whos counting....oh yeah...Joe is. That rascal. :)
Dale

Dale Erwin RPT
Erwins Piano Restoration inc.
Custom rebuilt Steinways-sale/services
 Ronsen hammers sales. Pre-hung hammers & parts
Sitka- Soundboard- Supplies
WWW.Erwinspiano.com
209-577-8397