[pianotech] More Dues Paying Fiasco (Sigh.......)

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 19:04:36 MST 2012

I didn't appreciate being lectured.

One thing that can be said for the new format even with all its faults,
added time for the interface to operate apparently seems to discourage this
type of endless back and forth on empty subjects.  Maybe just that little
bit of extra time and effort discourages people from shooting off the first
thing that comes to mind in a fruitless rant.  Might be the best argument
for the new format.   I don't see this type of hyperventilating going on
there.  Maybe I'm just lucky.  Perhaps the more formal structure discourages
"chatting" and all that goes with it.  This list is fast becoming a facebook
wall posting medium and it is, in my view, diminished.  I regret that I may
be contributing to that as I write.

I stayed completely out of the discussion for 95% of it until I just got
sick of hearing all the griping about relatively small issues: a letter
crossing in the ether, an individual's (it does seem like an isolated
incident) difficulty with paying a membership fee, so I finally decided to
say something, in effect, get a life, let's move ahead.  I'm still saying
that and so now will move ahead.  I've input far more into this discussion
than I intended and I apologize for my impatience, irritation, snide
remarks, snippiness and any other disagreeableness.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com