[pianotech] Music Sorb humidity control

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 13:07:02 MST 2012

MusicSorb is a benign product made of silica that is promoted as offering
humidity control for pianos. As far as I can tell there is no scientific
data that demonstrates its effectiveness. I used to run a dehumidifier in
my shop, and I would empty a gallon of water out of that thing every couple
of days even when the humidity was only moderate (55%-65%). If Musicsorb
did what it claimed, after several weeks of humid weather the piano would
burst apart from the pressure of all those expanded silica pellets!

Ryan Sowers

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Richard W. Bushey <rbushey4 at embarqmail.com

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT