[pianotech] A Report from the other side; was About my web host....

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Mon Feb 13 16:22:02 MST 2012

I'm trying to walk a line that might get me in trouble, though, at
the moment, I can't see how.  (I wrote that earlier.  I'm already
starting to see how.) I might end up breaching some protocol with
regard to quoting/copying/paraphrasing across list-borders,  or seen
as intentionally fanning discord.   Whatever.  In fact, I'm trying to
push the content of the discussion while being mindful of the
structure within which the discussion is taking place.  Joe Garrett
(in his Report from the Dark Side) may be correct in his assessment
of the web-forum's ultimate viability, but I'm not sure his stance in
refusing to engage with it, on principle, is the most effective
strategy, but that's not my point, and I hope that thought does not
become an energy-sapping tangent.

The re-posted - post?- of Ron's that I posted (?) to the User Help
Group of the web-forum yesterday has generated some renewed
discussion there.  I'm hoping it can remain civil long enough to work
through answers that often don't seem adequate, which has seemed the
case for a long time.  I know I may be understating, but the emotions
are intense and it doesn't seem to take much to derail any even
potentially useful interaction.  For those of you who can and have
not done so, it is probably worth revisiting the 'registration'
process, since, as PTG members, (those of you who are), you are
disenfranchising yourselves by not having access to the TWO lists
where your opinions are heard: User Help Group and PTG-L, the
official venue for PTG business, which, to my understanding, can ONLY
be accessed through the web forum.

Joe G may disagree with me.  I'll ask him.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY