[pianotech] re-gluing loose hammer felt

Tony Caught acaught at internode.on.net
Tue Feb 14 02:15:21 MST 2012

Hi Wim

I got the same problems in Darwin Australia. Same piano plus the cheapy Yamaha LU thingie made in Taiwan. Same humidity problems too.

Tony

Tony Caught

acaught at internode.on.net

0427 850 737

It wasn't until I got to Hawaii that I started seeing a lot of unglued Baldwin hammers. Is it that Baldwin hammers from a certain era indicate a problem with the manufacturing process? Or is it the constant 70% - 80% humidity here in Hawaii that's the problem?

Wim