[pianotech] video interview Ronald Losby, President of Steinway

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Tue Feb 14 09:26:32 MST 2012

Interesting link, thanks for this, Kent.

One thing struck me:  Can anyone tell me how S&S can continue to make statements about the pianos as an investment?

Quote Ronald Losby: "They actually make a fine investment.  A piano that was built 20 or 30 years ago can command 3 to 4 times what its original purchase price was."

I am not positive on S&S prices  20 - 30  years ago, but is he really stating that someone  could sell their 1985 L for $100,000?  Or that a 1985 D could fetch  over $200,000?  To my simple way of looking at it, this sounds beyond outlandish ....

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte
(250) 754-2440

www.pianofortesupply.com