[pianotech] Voicing needle canister

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Sat Feb 18 10:02:08 MST 2012

Hey Ron,

A long time ago I made a similar case from a wood dowel and some brass tubing from player work.  I drilled a hole small enough to facilitate a tight fit for brass tubing in some 1/2 inch wood dowel on one side and loose enough to facilitate a snug but looser fit on the other side.  When assembled it looks like a two sectioned piece of wood dowel.  To keep from spilling all the needles on the floor each time I opened it, I dipped one end in some liquid vinyl/plastic (brand name escapes me at the moment) that needed to be used up.

Come to think of it, more and more things have been escaping me lately.

What was I doing a minute ago??

Lar