[pianotech] Color a piano

Bill Fritz pianofritz50 at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 13:19:59 MST 2012

Try the Vallotti-Young temperament.  You can see the offsets at:  http://rollingball.com/TemperamentsFrames.htm

I had a teacher who's students really liked it vs ET... 2 Grand pianos side-by-side for over 6 months.

Bill Fritz, St Louis

Attached Message

From:
Tony Caught <acaught at internode.on.net>

To:
pianotech at ptg.org

Subject:
[pianotech] Color a piano

Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:27:36 +1030

Hi guys and gals,

Have a guy staying with me for two days, plays Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert era piano. We are in a discussion about the best temperament to tune his piano (Bluethner grand) to.

We have been discussing some of the well tunings but I have not the knowledge to recommend any particular temperament.

Only modern music played is ragtime.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Tony

Tony Caught