[pianotech] iPhone or Not iPhone

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Jun 6 20:27:10 MDT 2012

I've upgraded to a Droid and I love it dearly. But I love all things Google
and Droid gives full access to all Google services.

I am putting appointments on Google Calendar on my computer and they are
auto synced to Droid. Touch the location field and the map app pops up with
GPS Navigation a touch away. When you get to the destination often a picture
of the actual house pops up with Google street view. Or you can touch the
phone number entered in the memo field and it will pull up the phone dialer.
Lately I'm enjoying internet radio (radio.com) or Pandora in the earbuds
while I cruise on my motorcycle between appointments. I have a handle bar
mount for my phone to utilize the GPS.

Straight Talk has $45/month unlimited everything plan. If you get a used
AT&T Droid that takes a SIM card, you order a SIM card from Straight talk
($15) and it uses the AT&T network, so no coverage problems. I got an actual
Straight Talk Droid for my wife it has very poor coverage in outlaying
areas, so get the AT&T phone. I picked up a used Samsung Infuse and I love
it. My business number and toll free number ring right into my Droid.

IPhones are great, many people I know use and love them.  The Libertarian
bent in me recoils at being totally locked in to Apple's approval for all
your apps.

Dean

Dean W May (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802