[pianotech] iPhone or Not iPhone

Bill Fritz pianofritz50 at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 14:12:12 MDT 2012

David...

Open iTunes... let it ramp up...

then click on your Device xyz (your phone)

then click on the Info “tab”

you’ll see Sync Contacts with (choose Outlook)
and Sync Calendars with (choose Outlook)
I also use Other to sync Notes w/ Outlook

If you’re careful to “mark” the proper Calendar in the iPhone, any entries there will show up in your Outlook on the PC.

WARNING:  Do NOT make a check mark on any of the Advanced boxes... otherwise, you’ll lose your existing contacts etc.  Ask me how I know ;-(   Non-Recoverable.  I hate Apple’s closed system, but love my iPhone 4 ($100 w/ extending my contract).  The aps are great, incl the Verituner one (as my backup).

PS This smart phone (vs my dumb phone) has increased my IQ by 40 points!!  So I’m now in the plus column !!

Bill Fritz, St Louis

David Weiss <davidweiss at embarqmail.com>

pianotech at ptg.org

Re: [pianotech] iPhone or Not iPhone

Thu, 7 Jun 2012 07:35:54 -0400

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to synchronize calendar and
contacts on the IPhone with Microsoft Outlook on a PC?

David Weiss