[pianotech] Pedal squeak

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Jun 8 17:45:00 MDT 2012

Yes, there is. The brass pedal is just a thin piece of brass adhered to a
steel substructure and it will start squeaking at the connection. Invert the
pedal, spray with accelerator, apply a generous amount of CA glue. Or better
yet, mix up JB weld if you can work any between the two pieces.

Dean

Dean W May (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802