[pianotech] flat v-bar

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 12:08:41 MST 2012

Was the tone different after retuning?

Paul, and others.

No, the tone was not different. That is, the tone isn't very good to begin with, considering it needs new hammers. I did not charge them for a service call because it's the first time I tuned for this church, and I gave them a proposal for new h/s/f. I did send the choir director the pictures and an explanation of what happened. At this point I am not planning to replace the v-bar.

Joe, I have never heard of a model C Baldwin grand either. It's about the same size and scaling as a Baldwin L. Del, or anyone, have you heard of a C? Was it a limited production model?

Wim