[pianotech] Gen-u-whine Steinway parts:OT RANT

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue May 1 19:15:59 MDT 2012

This thing about 20's Steinways I don't really get.  Even if they had better
belly people back then the pianos are 100 years old now.  Who cares what
they were like in 1920.  They certainly don't resemble that now.  Every era
has produced good and bad bellies and actions with and without problems.
The attraction to that era at this point is purely a psychological one,
which, of course, doesn't mean it's not real.

BTW, why did you reuse the old capstans?

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com